Ep 143; Thomas & Simon Recommend Seven Books To Each Other… And You!

Welcome to the latest episode of The Readers. This week Thomas and Simon record the episode that Thomas has been desperate to do for over a year, they recommend each other (and you) need to read when you can if you haven’t already!

Don’t forget you can find us on TwitterGood Reads and Facebook now as well as subscribing to us on iTunes here. logo3_728-x-90111

Thomas and Simon Recommend A Select Super Seven Each () This fortnight Thomas has finally convinced Simon to record the episode he has been wanting to record for  ages and ages… He and Simon selecting seven books they love that they would love the other to read. They discuss the books and why you should read them.

tumblr_static_literature-books-584

Simon’s Choices…

My Policeman – Bethan Roberts
The Redemption of Galen Pike – Carys Davies
Magda – Meike Ziervogel
Mr Loverman – Bernadine Evaristo
The Hunger Trace – Edward Hogan
Deep Water – Patricia Highsmith
The Proof of Love – Catherine Hall

Thomas’ Choices…

Maurice – E.M. Forster
Deliverance – James Dickey
Ship of Fools – Katherine Anne Porter
An American Tragedy – Theodore Dreiser
As We Are Now – May Sarton
Martin Eden – Jack London

Have your read any of these and if so which ones? Which seven books would you love Simon and Thomas to read?

Next time on the Readers () Thomas and Simon will be back in two weeks when they will be back with more book based banter. Next week Simon returns with You Wrote The Book where his special guest is Ruth Ware who joins him to discuss her book In A Dark, Dark Wood. Don’t miss last week’s episode when he was joined by Michel Faber to discuss Michel’s last ever novel.

4 thoughts on “Ep 143; Thomas & Simon Recommend Seven Books To Each Other… And You!

  1. I recently discovered this podcast. Gentlemen, you have taken a lifelong reader and totally changed the way I read and think about books. Bravo! I can’t wait to dive into this list.

  2. Pingback: Seven books and a guessing game – hogglestock

  3. Just catching up on old episodes (so I’m probably one of the few who is not bothered by delays in releasing new episodes!) and I wanted to point out that An American Tragedy is a wonderful book and it was based on a true story. They also made a movie out of it, “A Place in the Sun” with Elizabeth Taylor, Montgomery Clift and Shelley Winters (as the loud-mouthed, lower-class girlfriend — as I’m sure you would have guessed!).