The Readers Summer Book Club 2012

So in back Episode 15 Gavin and Simon were discussing both the Richard and Judy Book Club and the TV Book Club and how they encourage reading and book debate. Then a light bulb went off in both their heads and they thought ‘why not do one in the summer ourselves’ and so The Readers Book Club was born, and it will debut in May 2012 with its Summer Reads. And here they are…

Gavin and Simon have chosen these eight titles, for you all to read along with with from mid-May to mid-July 2012 on these dates…

28th May – The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan
4th June – Half Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan
11th June – Packing for Mars by Mary Roach
18th June – Bleakley Hall by Elaine di Rollo
25th June – Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
2nd July – Now You See Me by S.J Bolton
9th July – Redemption in Indigo by Karen Lord
16th July – Pure by Andrew Miller

There will be special podcasts and blogs with reviews, and the ability of discussion in the comments. Theses eight podcasts will feature interviews with the authors and discussion of the books with some special guests (which could be you, email bookbasedbanter@gmail.com if you are interested).

You can email us your reviews, questions for the authors, discussion points for the Skype book group members or MP3′s of your thoughts all which we will try and include in any way we can. The idea is to get a really interactive worldwide book club and lots of book based banter.

11 thoughts on “The Readers Summer Book Club 2012

  1. Pingback: Catching Up | Gav Reads

  2. Pingback: The Readers Summer Book Club « Stories Geek

  3. Hello Simon and Gav,
    First off I have to say your Podcast is delightful. I simply love it and it made my work last winter bearable. Anyway, and you may be aware of this, but Pure (the first summer reads book) will not be available via either book or Kindle form until May 29. I am also having trouble tracking down some of the other books. Any suggestions on how I could get the before the new podcasts start? Sorry to be such a pain from the US.
    Take care,
    Beth

  4. Pingback: Lovely London Loot… | Savidge Reads

  5. Pingback: (Some of My) Summer Reading… | Savidge Reads

  6. Pingback: Blowing Off The Dust | Gav Reads

  7. Pingback: Half Blood Blues – Esi Edugyan | Savidge Reads

  8. Pingback: TRSBC Review: The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan (Canongate) | Gav Reads

  9. Pingback: Bleakly Hall – Elaine Di Rollo | Savidge Reads

  10. Pingback: Ready Player One – Ernest Cline | Savidge Reads

  11. Pingback: From 2012 to 2013 | Gav Reads

Leave a Reply