In the latest episode of The Readers Simon and Thomas discuss their summer plans and the summer reads in their second Summer Spectacular
Summer Plans () Thomas and Simon discuss what they have lined up over the summer months outside of reading, where are they going on holiday, or what are they doing if they don’t go on holiday this summer. They also discuss how they read in the summer.
Summer Recommendations () Thomas and Simon share five books each that they would recommend you lovely listeners check out over the forthcoming months…
1. The Good House by Ann Leary
2. Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster
3. Six Days of the Condor by Paul Grady/A Kind of Anger by Eric Ambler
4. The Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather
5. The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas
1. The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry
2. The Sport of Kings by C.E. Morgan
3. Days Without End by Sebastian Barry
4. Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
5. See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt
Books Mentioned On The Readers () Mapp and Lucia by E.F. Benson, The Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon, Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin, The Magician’s Assistant by Anne Patchett, Pachinko by Min Jin Lee, Strangers on a Train by Patricia Highsmith, Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
Next time on the Readers () The Readers will be back in two weeks when they will be back with more book based banter. Simon has sadly ended You Wrote The Book however you can go back and listen to all the episodes with some wonderful authors.