Ep 161; Halloween Reads

This episode is a little bit of a special spook-tacular as Simon and Thomas talk about horror fiction and ghost stories as Halloween is just around the corner. They discuss which books (as well as just things in general) scare them and what they would like to read over Halloween.

Halloween Reads () Thomas and Simon have a chat about what scares them, with a few spooky tales along the way, and which books they would recommend for other people to read as well as sharing the books that they would like to be reading this Halloween…

image3

Books Mentioned On The Readers ()American Psycho by Brett Easton Ellis, The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing, The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle, Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton, The Ghost Stories of E.F. Benson, The Woman in Black by Susan Hill, Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Haunting of Hill House by  Shirley Jackson, Let Me Tell You by Shirley Jackson, The Victorian Chaise-Longue by Marghanita Laski, The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham, The Chrysalids by John Wyndham, Dark Matter by Michelle Paver, Thin Air by Michelle Paver, The Complete Short Stories by Roald Dahl, The Turn of the Screw by Henry James, Florence and Giles by John Harding, The Loney by Michael Andrew Hurley, The Night Guest by Fiona Macfarlane, Deliverance by James Dickey, The Travelling Bag and Other Stories by Susan Hill

Next time on the Readers () The Readers will be back in two weeks when they will be back with more book based banter. If you missed the latest episode of You Wrote The Book do go and listen, Simon’s is joined by Kit de Waal to discuss her incredible debut novel My Name is Leon.

Get the RSS link for the podcast by clicking here.
You can subscribe to our weekly podcast on iTunes here.

2 thoughts on “Ep 161; Halloween Reads

  1. OH. MY. GOODNESS!! Yes, Midnight Lace is the creepiest movie ever! Because of it, I cannot stand to be alone in the fog. Sorry for all the !s, but I was talking out loud to y’all during this one. 😊 Welcome back,btw, and hope you are both doing well.

Leave a Reply