Welcome the first episode of an occasional special series of The Readers, where Simon is joined by a special co-host Eric of LonesomeReader, to discuss all things Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction 2016, In this episode they introduce the Baileys shortlist 2016 having read the whole longlist.
The Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction Shortlist 2016 () In the second of a special occasional series around this years Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction, Simon and Eric have a catch up in a London park to discuss some of the highlights of this years longlist before going on to sharing their thoughts on this years shortlisted books which are…
- Ruby – Cynthia Bond (Two Roads)
- The Green Road – Anne Enright (Jonathan Cape)
- The Glorious Heresies – Lisa McInerney (John Murray)
- The Portable Veblen – Elizabeth McKenzie (Fourth Estate)
- The Improbability of Love – Hannah Rothschild (Bloomsbury)
- A Little Life – Hanya Yanagihara (Picador)
Next time on the Readers () Thomas and Simon will be back later this week for their ‘official’ 150th episode so keep your ears peeled for that. If you missed the latest (and last in the series) of You Wrote The Book do go and listen, his guest is Joanna Cannon and they discuss her wonderful debut novel The Trouble With Goats and Sheep.