Ep 125; Re-Reading and the Return of Reading Horizons

Welcome to the latest episode of The Readers, this week Thomas and Simon, the original one, have a colourful catch up and then discuss re-reading and their reading horizons; what they have read, are reading and want to read next…

Don’t forget you can find us on TwitterGood Reads and Facebook now as well as subscribing to us on iTunes here

Catching Up () This week Thomas and Simon have lots and lots to catch up on. They discuss Thomas moving blogs to Hogglestock.com, Simon teases us all with Fiction Uncovered and tells us about a book tour he has been on before thinking of how he can start a ‘send Simon to Booktopia’ in September. They also both discuss the latest craze for colouring books.

Re-Reading () As Simon is about to start re-reading the Fiction Uncovered longlist, yet to be announced,  he thought he would bring up the topic of re-reading and why they do it if they do it. Simon and Thomas discuss the pros and the cons of re-reading, such as when it makes books you love less loveable and when it makes a book even better or even makes you love a book that you thought you didn’t.

Reading Horizons () What have Thomas and Simon been reading, what are they reading and what do they want to read next…

8806989781472205292

Thomas has read: A Friend from England by Anita Brookner

He is reading: The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnesHe wants to read: Imperfect Harmony, Finding Happiness Singing With Others by Stacy Horn

Simon has read: A Place Called Winter by Patrick Gale
He is currently reading: A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
He wants to read: The Wolf Border by Sarah Hall

Next time on the Readers () Thomas and Simon will be back in two weeks with more book based banter.

3 thoughts on “Ep 125; Re-Reading and the Return of Reading Horizons

  1. I enjoyed listening to the podcast today. Thanks, as always! I re-read massive fantasy series when new books come out. My favorite is The Whhel of Time by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. It’s finished now, but as it was being written, I would always re-read before a new one. Although, by book 12, I was starting at 5 instead of at the beginning. Partly to remember what’s going on in the complicated plot, but also just because I love the story.

  2. Enjoyed this episode especially as Thomas brought up Helen MacInnes. My mother was a huge fan and I had forgotten all about this author. I reread To Kill a Mockingbird and The Great Gatsby. I was a huge rereader as a child : Harriet the Spy, all the Encyclopedia Browns that were in my library, Cheaper by the Dozen and several other books that were in my tiny branch of the NYPL. We had no books in the house after picture books; my thrifty parents made me go to the library and I went twice a week.

  3. Thomas, I don’t know if you have heard of the website thriftbooks.com, but they have several Helen MacInnes novels for sale for cheap. Because you spoke of her, I am going to try her out. Thanks.

Leave a Reply