Ep 108; Two Reader in One Room Talking Book Recommendations

Welcome to the latest episode of The Readers. This fortnight you are in for a treat as this week Simon and Thomas are live (well they were when they recorded it) in the same room at the same time talking all things book recommendations. Be it recommendations from friends, an author, a bookshop or a books blurb Simon and Thomas look at the pro’s and con’s of recommending books and how to make a recommendation really count.

Don’t forget you can find us on Twitter, Good Reads and Facebook now as well as subscribing to us on iTunes here.

logo3_728-x-90111

Book Recommendations () In a very special episode of The Readers both Thomas and Simon are in the same room (hence why there is a bit of an echo) as each other to discuss book recommendations. Not only do they discuss how books get recommended to them, and Thomas has a small rant at this point, they discuss blurbs, author quotes and how to make a recommendation really count. Should you tell people if there are twists? How much of a plot should you tease someone with if you really want them to read it? Should you trust a blurb? Has an author really read the book they have a quote on. All these things are discussed and more, and indeed a recommendation gauntlet is laid down for you all…

simontom

Books mentioned in this show () Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, The Winding Stair by Daphne Du Maurier, Alex by Pierre Lemaitre, Cold Light by Jenn Ashworth, Tony Hogan Bought Me and Ice Cream Float Before He Stole My Ma by Kerry Hudson, Little Bee by Chris Cleave.

Next time on the Readers () Thomas and Simon will be back in two weeks with more book based banter. Before then Simon will be back next Wednesday with You Wrote The Book! Until next time thanks again for listening…

One thought on “Ep 108; Two Reader in One Room Talking Book Recommendations

  1. Pingback: Books That I’ve Bought of Late; The American Edition | Savidge Reads

Leave a Reply