Ep 90; Books We Are Excited About Coming Early 2014

Gavin is back! Just a one-off as it’s that time of the year again where Simon and Gavin look forward to the next six month’s book releases and select their twelves choices, they also sneak a few extras  (‘they’ being mostly Simon).

Before they read out their choices Simon and Gavin have a little catch up and then after the main event discuss their (lack of) new year’s resolutions.

Don’t worry if you didn’t catch the whole list as here they are:

Simon’s selections are:

January

The Night Guest – Fiona McFarlane

February

The Last Asylum – Barbara Taylor

Irene – Pierre LeMaitre

The Bear – Claire Cameron

March

Writers Block – Judith Flanders

The Collected Works of A. J. Fikry – Gabrielle Zevin

Why Did She Kill Him? A Victorian Tale of Deception, Adultery and Arsenic – Katy Colquhoun

April

A God in Every Stone – Kamila Shamsie

May

The House of Fiction – Susan Swingler

June

I am China – Xiaolu Guo

Elizabeth is Missing – Emma Healy

Mother Island – Bethan Roberts

Gavin’s choices are:

January

The Girl With All The Gifts – M R Carey

The Echo – James Smythe

February

Babayaga  – Toby Barlow

The Gospel of Loki – Joanne M Harris

Cat out of Hell – Lynne Truss

Annihilation (The Southern Reach Trilogy) – Jeff VanderMeer

March

Clariel – Garth Nix

 April

The Librarian – Mikhail Elizarov

Lagoon – Nnedi Okorafor

Telling Tales – Patience Agbabi

May

The Three – Sarah Lot

June

Bête – Adam Roberts

And there we have it, twenty four exciting books to look forward to.

Thomas will be back with Simon in two weeks time with your regular edition of The Readers.

Have a happy new year everyone!

3 thoughts on “Ep 90; Books We Are Excited About Coming Early 2014

  1. Pingback: Books of 2013; Part II | Savidge Reads

  2. Pingback: The Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction Longlist 2014 | Savidge Reads