The Readers Book Club; The Last Banquet by Jonathan Grimwood

For the twelfth Readers Book Club, and the final in The Readers Book Club Summer Selection 2013 Simon and Gavin are joined by Jonathan Grimwood to talk about ‘The Last Banquet’ a literary tale of revolutionary France in the eighteenth century and

TRSummerSeasoBanner

Introducing the Book () In the first section of the show Gavin and Simon introduce you, without any spoilers to this months Book Club choice, ‘The Last Banquet’ by Jonathan Grimwood. They give you a hint to the premise and Gavin explains why he chose the novel for the summer selection.

An Interview with the Author () This month Simon and Gavin are joined by Jonathan Grimwood to talk about ‘The Last Banquet’. Where did the idea for the novel spring from? What lengths did Jonathan have to go to in order to describe the fantastical food and flavours (some icky ones) in the book? How much research was involved? Why the move from sci-fi to ‘literary’ fiction? And much, much more…

Simon and Gavin’s Thoughts () In this final section, brimming with spoilers (because you said you liked them) Simon and Gavin talk about the book in more detail. Be warned, and you can’t say we haven’t warned you, that they discuss the very ending of the book which to know would be to spoil. There is also some discussion of wenches and saucy shenanigans.

TRAutumnSeasonBrighter

Next month on The Readers Book Club () We will be back on Friday the 13th, od dear, of September for the first in the Readers Book Club Autumn Selection 2013 choice which is… ‘The Explorer’ by James Smythe and promises to take us to some very dark places in space…

1 thought on “The Readers Book Club; The Last Banquet by Jonathan Grimwood

  1. Pingback: Mini Review Madness Part I; Arnott, Sloan, Grimwood & Richards | Savidge Reads