The Readers Summer Book Club; Now You See Me by S.J. Bolton

In the sixth instalment (or fifth after last week’s mishap) of The Readers Summer Book Club we discuss the thriller ‘Now You See Me’ by S.J Bolton. If you haven’t read this week’s chosen book then do not despair as we will give you a forewarning of the part with all the spoilers. As always we catch up with the author, S.J. Bolton, Simon and Gavin give their thoughts and we have a guest to give another insight on the book too.

An Interview with the Author () This week Gavin and Simon are joined by S.J. Bolton ‘lovely author, nasty books’, or Sharon as she is properly known, to discuss her dark and rather deliciously disturbing novel ‘Now You See Me’. They ask her where the idea came from, her thoughts and interests with Jack the Ripper and if women writing about murdering women is better than men doing it?

sjbolton-author-photo

Simon & Gavin’s Thoughts () The two co-hosts discuss how they got on with ‘Now You See Me’, without giving too much away THEY BOTH LOVED IT and both devoured it with a couple of days. They have a nightmare though trying to discuss it without spoilers, so thank goodness for the next section where they can spoil away…

The Readers Panel Discusses… () Simon and Gavin are joined by blogger and lifelong friend of Simon’s, the lovely Polly of Novel Insights, to discuss the book a little more and give a new perspective on it from a female readers point of view. She discusses crime novels and it is revealed that she started Simon reading these books with an ironic purchase when Simon was ill. You will be able to see Simon’s thoughts in more detail on his blog here soon and Gavin’s on his here soon too.

Next week on The Readers Summer Book Club () We have the penultimate book in The Readers Summer Book Club, ‘Redemption in Indigo’ by Karen Lord. Gavin and Simon will be joined by the author and some new guests for some more book based banter. Until next week…

2 thoughts on “The Readers Summer Book Club; Now You See Me by S.J. Bolton

  1. Pingback: Now You See Me – S.J. Bolton | Savidge Reads

  2. Listening to this podcast had me scampering back to read “Now You See Me”. I had read Dead Scared and though reading the second in the Lacey Flint series first, didn’t hamper my enjoyment, it was worth going back to find out what makes Lacey tick.

    Excellent podcast, interview with author and discussion.

    I would love to have The Readers do a more thorough podcast about crime fiction.

Leave a Reply