The Readers Summer Book Club; Half-Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan

In the second instalment of The Readers Summer Book Club we discuss ‘Half Blood Blues’ by Esi Edugyan. If you haven’t read the book then do not despair as in the first two parts of the show contains no spoilers, as Gavin and Simon interview the author and then talk about the book between themselves, however the last section of the show however is brimming with spoilers, which is fine if you have read the book already. Make sense? Hope so!

An Interview with the Author (01.10) This week Gavin and Simon are joined by the very lovely Esi Edugyan to discuss her second novel ‘Half Blood Blues’. They ask her why she decided to write about this period in time and from jazz musician’s perspectives, the struggles she had with finding a publisher and much more.

Simon & Gavin’s Thoughts () Without giving away any spoilers Gavin and Simon catch up on how they got on with ‘Half Blood Blues’, we won’t say too much other than the fact that Gavin found this one of the biggest challenges of the book club, but also the most rewarding. You will be able to see Simon’s thoughts in more detail on his blog here and Gavin’s on his here later today.

The Readers Panel Discusses… () Simon and Gavin are joined by Tara of the blog Book Sexy Review and one of our UK listeners Sarah. They discuss the book in much more detail, BE WARNED there are SPOILERS, as they look at the relationships in the novel, Tara points out some pit falls and they discuss the ending and their thoughts on it.

Next week on The Readers Summer Book Club () We have the third book in The Readers Summer Book Club, our only non-fiction read, ‘Packing for Mars’ by Mary Roach. Gavin and Simon will be joined by the author and some new guests for some more book based banter. We will speak to you then.

One thought on “The Readers Summer Book Club; Half-Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan

  1. Pingback: Half Blood Blues – Esi Edugyan | Savidge Reads

Leave a Reply