The Readers Summer Book Club; The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan

It is finally here, the thing that Gavin and Simon have been so excited about, The Readers Summer Book Club starts today. Our first book is ‘The Last Werewolf’ by Glen Duncan. If you haven’t read the book then do not despair as in the first two parts of the show contains no spoilers, as Gavin and Simon interview the author and then the book between them, the last section of the show however is brimming with spoilers, which is fine if you have read the book already. Make sense? Hope so, so here it is, the first Readers Summer Book Club.

An Interview with the Author (01.04) This week Gavin and Simon are joined by the very lovely Glen Duncan to discuss his novel ‘The Last Werewolf’. They ask him why he went from ‘literary’ to ‘literary reads genre’, the pros and cons of writing such an explicit book and having a protagonist that is the very last werewolf on earth.

Simon & Gavin’s Thoughts (28.25) Without giving away any spoilers Gavin and Simon catch up on how they got on with their first choice, we won’t say too much other than the fact that Simon is a little bit smug and pleased with himself. You will be able to see Simon’s thoughts in more detail on his blog here and Gavin’s on his here later today.

The Readers Panel Discusses… (38.36) Simon and Gavin are joined by Sakura of the blog Chasing Bawa, Amy of Stuff and Nonsense and freelance journalist and writer Nicola Mostyn. They discuss the book in much more detail, his novels before and since, the genre & literature mix, werewolves as protagonists and so much more, BUT BE WARNED there are SPOILERS.

Next week on The Readers Summer Book Club (1.08.50) We have the second book in The Readers Summer Book Club and that is ‘Half Blood Blues’ by Esi Edugyan. Gavin and Simon will be joined by the author and some new guests for some more book based banter. We will speak to you then.

5 thoughts on “The Readers Summer Book Club; The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan

  1. I NEVER would have read this book except that it was for your summer book club. Thank you! I REALLY enjoyed this book. The language was quite (OK, VERY) as you would say, “rude.” When I was reading it, I thought that it was too graphic, but having finished it a week ago, I now can’t imagine that it would be the same without it. ( I AM a little reticent about recommending it because of the graphic language.) I am definitely looking forward to the next one. (I am a mid-fifties aged woman, who will NEVER read a “Twilight” book. Well, I guess if I was made to….)

  2. Pingback: The Last Werewolf – Glen Duncan | Savidge Reads

  3. Pingback: The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan « chasing bawa

  4. Pingback: Who’s Reading What: May 2012 Part 2 « chasing bawa

  5. Pingback: TRSBC Review: The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan (Canongate) | Gav Reads

Leave a Reply