The Readers Episode 22; Eowyn Ivey, Ali Shaw & Fairytales

This week on The Readers we have a ‘fairytale’ special. We are joined by Eowyn Ivey to discuss her novel ‘The Snow Child’ and Ali Shaw; author of ‘The Girl With Glass Feet’ and ‘The Man Who Rained’ joins us to discuss the fairytale genre, if there is such a thing.

Interview with Eowyn Ivey (00.48) Gavin and Simon are joined by debut author Eowyn Ivey to discuss her novel ‘The Snow Child’. They discuss where the story came from, what inspired Eowyn and how she used her life in Alaska to create such a magical tale.

Fairytales with Ali Shaw (28.01) What makes a great fairytale and why as adults do we still love these stories? Ali Shaw, author of ‘The Girl With Glass Feet’ and ‘The Man Who Rained’, joins Gavin and Simon to discuss this, along with it being a genre, the real dark unedited classics and which fairytales for adults and children we might have missed out on. Ali also recommends his top five fairytales.

Next week on The Readers (59.46) we will be joined by Justin Torres to talk about his debut novel ‘We The Animals’ and when you should give up on a book.

3 thoughts on “The Readers Episode 22; Eowyn Ivey, Ali Shaw & Fairytales

  1. Pingback: Glasgow to London, then home « Letters from Alaska

  2. Pingback: Coming Soon: Shadows on the Wolverine by Eowyn Ivey | Gav Reads

  3. Pingback: Out This Week #4 The Crane Wife | Gav Reads

Leave a Reply