The Readers Episode 12; Part One – Crime in a Cold Climate and Yrsa Sigurdardottir

This week you are getting a two parter podcast. On today’s episode Gavin and Simon talk crime in a cold climate. In today’s half it’s all about Nordic crime and includes an interview with Yrsa Sigurdardottir. Tomorrow we are joined by MJ McGrath to discuss her icy crime novel and living in the arctic world.

Crime in a Cold Climate (01.27) what is it with Nordic crime and it’s worldwide success? Gavin and Simon discuss the genre of cold crime and ponder is rise from nowhere. Which of the famous authors have they read? Which ones should you be looking out for? Why is this such a phenomenon and will it last?

Yrsa Siguardardottir (30.03) Simon interviews one of his and Gavs favourite cold crime writers to discuss her series, how she has used Iceland to make a criminal atmosphere, what she thinks of other writers or the genre and how it feels to be compared to Steig Larsson

Tomorrow on the Readers (40.04) we will carry on talking all things frosty and murderous with MJ McGrath, we look at Christmas books and what we have read, are reading and want to read next.

7 thoughts on “The Readers Episode 12; Part One – Crime in a Cold Climate and Yrsa Sigurdardottir

  1. Pingback: Last Rituals – Yrsa Sigurdardottir | Savidge Reads

    • I believe you have all her books now don’t you Kim 😉

      Sorry for the very belated reply, both Gav and I thought the other was replying, turns out not so.

  2. You guys are too funny! My favorite line from this podcast was your Gran, Simon! “Oh, we’ve come a long way from watching The Wizard of Oz together.” LOL I was driving my car listening and busted out laughing!

    Keep up the good work!!

    • Hahahaha thank you Lauren. Thats one of my favourite ‘moments’ with my Gran. We have since had a worse one where I thought I was texting my OH and was texting Gran, so not funny! She thinks its hilarious.